SUnit stack traces when a test fails

Colin Putney cputney at whistler.com
Wed Nov 13 00:13:31 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 10:47  AM, Andrew P. Black wrote:

> However, once I had gotten rid of all the errors, and the test
> actually failed (i.e., I asserted something that was not true) I was
> not getting a useful walkback from the testrunner.  It looked as
> though I was getting a stack trace on part of the testrunner framework
> itself, rather than on the failing assert.

This is actually the intended behaviour. The test runner halts before
running the failing test so that you can step through the test
manually. To quickly get to the beginning of the test, just hit Step,
Send, Step, Send.

The alternative is to hit proceed. This will begin the test and halt
only when an assertion fails.

Cheers,

Colin

Colin Putney