Using SystemWindow

David Duke D.Duke at bath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 11:10:49 UTC 2002

Ned,

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 November 2002 01:52 pm, David Duke wrote:
>>(a) if I create and open a morph -- for example, the simple
>>"TestMorph" from the "blue" Squeak book, pg 44, it behaves as I
>>expect (that is, as described in the book).
>>
>>(b) if I try to embed this morph in a SystemWindow, e.g. issue the
>>following commands from a workspace,
>>
>>t _ TestMorph new.
>>s _ (SystemWindow labelled: 'test') openInWorld.
>>s addMorph: t frame: ((0 at 0) corner: (0.5 at 0.5)).

> You're getting the right behavior. Try turning off the "alternative
> window look" Preference. I think what's happening is that when Morphs
> are added to SystemWindows they get their color set by the window
> code.
>
> Note that #color sets the interior color of an EllipseMorph (and for
> that matter a RectangleMorph). #borderColor sets the border's color.

Thanks very much for your help.  I've had a chance now to look more
closely at the morphic implementation: what I was indeed falling over
was that when a morph is added to the SystemWindow, with the alternative
window look, its colour is set to Transparent!

regards,
David

Dr. David Duke                        Email: D.Duke at bath.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science        Web:   www.bath.ac.uk/~masdad/
University of Bath                    Tel:   +44 1225 323 407
Bath, BA2 7AY U.K.                    Fax:   +44 1225 323 493