iso8859-1

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Nov 14 16:41:14 UTC 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 12:31 am, jean-marie.zajac wrote:
> > Objet: iso8859-1 Scamper
> >

> > I am sure that someone has already fix this @@§&é$&^ù@#@ç@
> > problem with Scamper: HTML conversion charset from iso8859-1.
> > I don't find  any description of this problem in the web. Maybe
> > european users are only interested ?

Can you give an example of a URL where you see this problem?

I believe that Scamper is doing some translation (browse callers of
isoToSqueak) though it is (I think) ignoring the Character-Encoding
headers.

Scamper only does this on HTML pages, though (NOT on plain text,
though it'd be easy enough to change), and it's possible that the
isoToSqueak table is wrong in some way.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com