Testing & Veification of Packages (was RE: Image factoring)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Nov 14 20:42:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Can I use SM from a local repository?
> For example I have all my home computers on a LAN. It would be nice if I
> could configure my Squeaks to check local repository for said package
> and if not then proceed to the original location.

I concurr! I usually have a handful of current images I'm using for
different reasons.  Naturally, a lot of the code between them is pretty
redunant, and I often file stuff into multiple images (e.g. enhanced IRC
or the terminal emulator). It would be great if SM could cache locally, so
when I get the idea to work on some new image when I'm not on the 'net,
I'll be able to munch the SModules that way.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn