Testing & Veification of Packages (was RE: Image factoring)

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Thu Nov 14 22:14:31 UTC 2002

Daniel -- Alright, since I shot my mouth off about it, I'll volunteer to help.  But not until the Thanksgiving holidays. ;)

The first thing to do, of course, is to run the tests through a profiler. If you (or anyone else) have already done this, feel free to share what you found. :)

Have you tried commenting out (or other wise disabling) the body of universalTestFor? Even if it breaks tons of tests, it would be good to know how much it is slowing down the tests.

I'd also be curious to know if they run as slow in other dialects (especially VW) too.

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com