[ANN] StarBrowser for Squeak

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Nov 14 20:20:11 UTC 2002

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 04:55 PM, PhiHo Hoang wrote:

>> 1. open the starbrowser by evaluating StarBrowser open
>> 2. click on 'Root'.
>> 3. in the inspector that appears, type: 'self add: Array' to add Array
>> to root. You can add anything you like, including new classifications.
>
>     I typed 'self add: Array' into the bottom pane
>     of the inspector, then 'Alt-s' (accept),
>     nothing happened.

That's because the change not yet triggers an automatic update of the
tree. After you have added something (and accepted it), just click on
the left of the root item (where an invisible triangle exist after you
have added the item). You can click it to open it, and your added item
will be there. You can also just open a second browser (they all look
on the same model).

Note that more information about the StarBrowser can be found on the
website: http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/StarBrowser/. There is also a
Swiki page and a mailing list.