How to submit refactorings (or: Removing PWS)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Nov 14 23:08:07 UTC 2002

I think they have to go into the update stream or there's no point.  As
long as they're in the update stream, the base image is still huge and
people writing code will still depend on methods, etc being there
instead of depending on the package that contains it.

Not to mention, as Dnaiel pointed out, in some cases pulling stuff out
of the image may require making architecture chages like the dynamic
FileList stuff.

If we're pulling it out of 3.4a people aren't going to end up there from
3.2 looking for bugfixes.  And presumably everyone on this list is aware
that in 3.4 onwards we are  starting to pull stuff out of the image...?

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)