[ANN] StarBrowser for Squeak

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 15 06:25:03 UTC 2002

Have you tried clicking left of the tree where the triangle should be?
The problem is that the tree does not know the 'Root' item has children
yet (because the change is not yet triggered), so does not show a
triangle to click on. But after you have accepted an element, you can
click as though a triangle would be there, and it will then open and
put a triangle. Can you try this? And do you see the item when you open
a second StarBrowser after the item has been added?

On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 02:15 AM, PhiHo Hoang wrote:

>>>     I typed 'self add: Array' into the bottom pane
>>>     of the inspector, then 'Alt-s' (accept),
>>>     nothing happened.
>>
>> That's because the change not yet triggers an automatic update of the
>> tree. After you have added something (and accepted it), just click on
>> the left of the root item (where an invisible triangle exist after you
>> have added the item). You can click it to open it, and your added item
>> will be there. You can also just open a second browser (they all look
>> on the same model).
>>

>     There is a small white vertical slab to the left
>     of the highlighted 'root' entry.
>
>     If I click anywhere to the left of the letter 'R',
>     a new inspector is brought up.
>
>     Nothing like a collapsable tree there.
>
>     This is Squeak 3.2 and 3.4a under WindowsXP.
>
>     Just wondering if anyone got different result
>     on other platforms.
>
>     Please find attached a gif to show what I mean.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     PhiHo.
>
> <root.gif>
Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/