Learning more about YAXO

Laurence Rozier laurencerozier at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 12:48:23 UTC 2002

Hi,

There is no entityAt: method in the Yax dated 11/02/02
available from:

http://squeaklet.com/Yax/download.html

Using that changeset, if you change the example from:

> ((xmldoc entityAt: 'methodResponse') entities at: 1)
key = 'fault'

to:

((xmldoc firstTagNamed: #methodResponse) elements at:
1) name = #fault

Everything works as expected. Initially I used
elementAt: but switched to firstTagNamed: because I
IIRC there are other cases in XMLRPCDecoder where you
have to handle an XMLNode which doesn't understand
elementAt:. For the example above elementAt: should
work but I think (xmldoc elementAt: 'methodResponse')
elements at: 1 is potentially confusing - elementAt: ,
elements at: compared to firstTagNamed: .

I posted the changes I made to Langriter/your code in
my previous message.

Regards,
Laurence