Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sat Nov 16 23:08:24 UTC 2002

Lloyd Zusman wrote:

> I've been using versions 3.2-5 and 3.2-6devel, and I'm trying to load a
> new image file into an already running Squeak session.  However, I
> don't know how to do this.

Smalltalk is probably the only system in the world that works this way,
but it's important to understand that the image file *is* the system.
It's actually a snapshot of a living object world that hibernates for a
while on the disk.
And practically all images in use today can probably be traced back to
some first image that got created in the 70-ies.
So the object "nil" in your image is really, really old. Well, at least
to Californian standards ;-)

Michael