Learning more about YAXO

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Sun Nov 17 17:28:05 UTC 2002

Hi,

> > I just installed YAXO 1.3 from squeakmap and to my surprise, it is very
> > different from what I have used building the XMLRPC-Server. The
> > XMLParser I used, had been strongly modified by the soapopera changeset
> > (or some others, like sixx?), so that functionality I relied on is
> > missing (as a newbie, I didn't noticed that. Mea culpa!).
>
> SoapOpera or SIXX changeSet does not modify YAXO. I have implemented an
> adapter in order to use YAXO more indirectly, but I have not added (or
> modified) any methods to YAXO itself. My distributions (SoapOpera and
SIXX)
> are just using a slightly older YAXO (25 Jan 2002 version).
>
> I found it by reading your mail. Thanks. I'll use the latest YAXO for the
> next SoapOpera/SIXX release.

I rewrote the adapter, which can be downloaded from:
http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~umejava/smalltalk/soapOpera/index.html

or just use the attached cs file. It is the same.

Now SoapOpera runs with the latest YAXO.

By the way, I found a small YAXO bug.

"print it"
dom :=  (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: (ReadStream on: xml)) topElement.

The result is:
'<a>preTextpostText
'

Of course, it should be something like: