Interresting article about Alan Kay in the german newspaper 'Die Zeit'

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 17 21:58:35 UTC 2002

A fascinating article.  The concept of a 30-year gap between inspiration and
adoption seems to be holding; we're seeing more evidence all the time.
Educators are realizing that the concept of teaching computing as though
every child aspired to secretarial work misapprehends both the computer and
the child.

Incidentally, I took a look at the de Zeit article via AltaVista's
translator, and was delighted to find Dr. Kay characterized as
"idea-spraying."  <G>

Gary

news:3dd7f2fb.26463451 at news.gmane.org...