Behavior of Shift+arrow

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at syngenio.de
Mon Nov 18 15:02:59 UTC 2002

Hi Torge,

"Torge.Husfeldt" wrote:
> Do you think this would be a good candidate for putting on
> SqueakMap?

I'd rather put it into the update stream.
I see SqueakMap more as a place for complete well-defined unloadable packages, while this is a *change* to a subset of ...whatever... well, it's basically ... all over the place (Graphics-Text, ST80-Support, Kernel-ST80 Remnants, ST80-Pluggable Views, Morphic-Text Support)

> Do you find the code helpful

Definitely! I always get bitten by the default selection regime.
I haven't used it extensively, however (I didn't have time to test it when you first posted it, and was only reminded of it yesterday when I saw that mail by Markus)

> Does it break anything else?

I have only seen one walkback just after filing in, I can reproduce it like this:

1) start with clean image
2) open file list
3) select shrinkingSelection change set
4) "install" (into new change set)
5) click "maximize" window control

I guess it's that an old instance gets confused by the instance variable name change.

Debug log is attached.

oh, two other things (seen in a workspace):
* if you only have one line, then shift-down selects to the *beginning* of the line rather than to the *end* of it
* if you have only two lines, and the second one is empty, pressing the *down* key on the second line moves the cursor *up*

[all this with selectionshrinking preference *on*, wordprocessorstylemove *off*]

Please keep going with this, I'll try to make some more time to test it.

Joern