Behavior of Shift+arrow

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 16:11:28 UTC 2002

Goran,

> I was thinking of adding an SM top category called "Package type" with
> these subcats:
>
> "Image refactoring"
> "Package removal"

Put in [ENH], [FIX], [GOODIE] as well - these are categorizations people
already know and it would make some automated filtering from stuff posted to the
list easier. Why not browsing SM for a certain fix?!

Also, I think that the perception of SqueakMap is currently more along the
lines of "large stuff" (for no good reason). It'd be trivial to make a simpler
registration page just for fixes and collect them right there - fixes and
goodies often have no "maintainer" no "version" etc. and having to fill in all
this stuff makes it time consuming (=less attractive) for people to register
these changes.

Here's what I'd do: Make up a simpler registration page for "small things"
which just contains:
* the title (like "[Fix] ParagraphEditor selection" "[ENH] VMCrashing made
simple")
* the author (joe schmoe)
* the squeak version
* (optionally) an extra description, and
* most importantly: an UPLOAD field which allows the upload of up to 50k of
stuff (everything above would require "full registration")

Then we could even integrate this into the change set handling and have
something like "post [FIX]/[ENH]" which would auto-register the package and send
a notification about this to Squeak-Dev (all of the above info is implicitly
present when you prepare a CS).

Cheers,
  - Andreas