Classes as Packages (was: Harvesting infrastructure)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 18 16:12:27 UTC 2002

tblanchard at mac.com is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> My visceral reaction to this is ICK!
I have to agree. Classes provide structure and behaviour for a single
kind of thing (how quickly we run out of words when 'class' and 'type'
are already taken). A package is a bunch of stuff that may touch many
classes in many ways. Not the same. And anyone that starts going on
about multiple inheritance is looking for a visit from one of the four
horsement of the apologists. :-)

tim

Useful random insult:- Cauliflower for brains.