[ENH] Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Mon Nov 18 22:44:58 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:

Nice work! I'll integrate it into the package.

> * Is it possible that getting mail is slower? maybe the 10ms delay in
> multiline response? maybe I'm imagining things.

The 10ms delay (actually in the Socket code) is a workaround for the
semaphore timeout seeming to hang occasionally at least on Windows.

It would be interesting though to see if and how the performance is
different between the old and the new network code.

Michael