[ENH] Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients (v2)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 18 21:44:05 UTC 2002

Now also added a POP "QUIT" to closing the pop connection, so deleting
messages works too. And I dont know why it is slow, also in sending
mail. Help?

Didn't require much - tiny bugfix in getMultilineResponse (cribbed from
3.2), and also added SMTP authentication, which I needed to test SMTP
(and also seemed to cause a DNU).

I hard coded a login method for Celeste (#clearText), this should
probably be something else, like a preference, but that's a Celeste
issue, not a socket problem (and Celeste should probably be smarter
about remembering the details of various mail accounts).

A few comments:
* The code is nicer than before.
* Is it possible that getting mail is slower? maybe the 10ms delay in
multiline response? maybe I'm imagining things.
* I'll now be running my mail image on it non stop, I'll keep you
posted.

Daniel