[ENH] Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 18 22:14:32 UTC 2002

Make sure to use v2 (or higher).

>From what I can see, the delay in #waitForDataUntil: is happening quite
a bit, making things pretty slow.

This windows bug isn't more pronounced than before the refactoring,
right? maybe this is resolved by Flow? (my understanding is that it is
supposed to replace exactly that lower level, though I might be
wrong...). I'll be testing without the Delay on Linux, I want to test
and see if the performance comes back, or maybe there's something else.

Another thing - SMTP authentication "wants" a somewhat different
interface, as you can see from my ugly code using it, but I didn't want
to make that sort of change.

Daniel