[WARNING!]SqueakMap problems

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Nov 19 09:04:18 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Unfortunately the "id problems" we are having in SM are still very much
real. The effect is that new registrations "steal" the UUIDs from old
registrations and since the packages are held in a Dictionary this means
the old package "disappears".

I have just looked through the current logfile and below all this "id
stealings" are listed:

Tantalus was overwritten by FractalMorph
GLORP port was overwritten by PackageInfo
SARBuilder was overwritten by Refactoring Browser (for for 3.2) - which
in turn was later removed.
SSP was overwritten by Monticello
MySql driver was overwritten by Enhanced IRC client
SARInstaller for 3.2 was overwritten by Flow (but later reregistered)
Aglo graph layout was overwritten by Refactoring Browser for 3.2
TestRunnerEnhancements was overwritten by Balloon3D
YAXO was overwritten by Emacs key bindings
VI4 was overwritten by Ballon3DRemoval
PDFReader was overwritten by SARInstaller for 3.2

Sidenote: He, on the fun side when Ned reregistered SARInstaller for
3.2, which had been overwritten by Flow, then he in turn took out
PDFReader... ;-)

But guys, relax! Do NOT reregister anything right now. And refrain from
registering new packages until I have sorted this out (the machine is
not handy for me right now for me to lock registering).

The whole point with a logfile is that I can fix all this - everything
has been fully logged at the server. I just need to find the DAMN bug
first, it's really strange. And it's not Johns fault - I smacked up
10000 UUIDs just for fun and they don't repeat of course. At least not
when they are created all at once... ;-) Hmmmm....

So relax and let me sweat for a while and then your packages will come
back from the dead. Ok?

regards, Göran