socket synchronization (was "Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients")

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 10:43:19 UTC 2002

Okay, I just checked some code and the delay makes no sense whatsoever to
me. Try taking it out. The only issue that it _might_ be related to (but it is
not clear to me how) is that incorrectly written client code might loop
endlessly under certain conditions if it does not check for errors during tight
loops of reading data. Because this has been a problem in some cases, I changed
the primitive to FAIL (instead of silently returning that no data has been
read).

In any case, the delay makes no sense. If there's a problem let me know but
make sure you got the latest VM.

Cheers,
  - Andreas