new mac VM, & new FFI prims

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 19 20:33:50 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 04:28  AM, Bruce ONeel wrote:

> Thanks to John M there is a new mac VM in:
>
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.4alpha/
>
> There also new FFI plugins for both carbon and noncarbon and
> a new printjob plugin for noncarbon as well.

I'll point out the 3.4.0b2 VM is both for os-7.5.5-ox-9 thru to OS-X
10.x.x  with support Croquet with the
new FFI plugins.

Still some presentation bugs with Croquet, non-working? full screen,
and artifacts in os-9. However I look
to the Squeak Community to track those down.

3.4.0b2 (Croquet support)
a) Ensure vmVersion information reports correct information, was bogus
in 3.4.0b1
b) Added plugin BMPReadWriterPlugin 14 November 2002 (i)
c) B3DAcceleratorPlugin.c gets primitiveCreateRendererFlags (new api)
d) two more op codes get added to BitBltPlugin (fixAlphawith,
pixClearwith)
e) Squeak3D gets (b3dOrthoNormInverseMatrix,
b3dTransformDirection,b3dTransformPoint,b3dTransposeMatrix)
f) The scroll wheel mouse logic was using apple cmd key as the modifier
on the arrow key events, Other platforms use the Control key. So the
mac falls in line (changed to use the control-key)

===