PIE-papers online? (perspectives, views; generalized object modules design)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Nov 20 12:39:10 UTC 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:46:00PM +0100, Henning von Rosen wrote:

> Someone talked about putting some papers online (PIE, Bobrow/Goldstein),
> but I can't find the links in the message-archive. Would someone be so kind
> as to send me a poiner?

http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/smalltalk/documents/

*  A Layered Approach to Software Design  (Ira P. Goldstein and Daniel
   G.Bobrow, CSL-80-5 December 1980) 1.9 MB
* An Experimental Description-Based Programming Environment: Four
   Reports (Ira Goldstein and Daniel Bobrow, CSL-81-3 March 1981) 3.18MB

> I would also be interested in related articels of your recommendation!

Dave Ungar's paper about "Us" seems to be interesting:
I think it was http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/smith96simple.html
   A Simple and Unifying Approach to Subjective Objects

And there is PerspectiveS ( by Robert Hirschfeld):
 http://www-ia.tu-ilmenau.de/~hirsch/Projects/Squeak/PerspectiveS/PerspectiveS.html

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de