[newbie] openInWorld

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 20 16:14:44 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 12:51 am, Stefan Champailler wrote:
> Following some tutorial, I made a class derviving from Morph. Then
> I instanciate that class (Ant) like this : Ant new openInWorld.
> This works fine : I have a morph in a window (well that's what I'm
> think).

Perhaps what's confusing you is that Squeak itself runs in a single
*operating system* window. Ignore that: maximize the window, or click
the "Escape Browser" button from the Navigator flap at the bottom.

When you do openInWorld, your new Morph will be displayed in the
Squeak world, which is inside the single Squeak operating system
window.

Right now, it's not particularly easy to make another operating system
window.

Within the single Squeak *operating system* window, there can be
*Squeak* windows like browsers, etc., but these aren't required.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com