Why is YAXO in the stream?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Nov 20 17:39:33 UTC 2002

Andreas.Raab at gmx.de wrote:
> > "Stephen Pair" <spair at acm.org> wrote:
> > > I just rolled an image to 3.4a and noticed that YAXO is now in the
> > > stream...why?  Aren't we trying to make things more modular and move
> > > away from the kitchen sink image approach?  This would seem to work
> > > against that direction.
> >
> > I think it sneaked in before this new focus was started.
>
> Not quite. Yaxo has been (still is ;-) in 3.3alpha for a very long time and
> was relayed with all the other retrofitted updates from 3.3a to 3.4a.

Well, that was what I meant. From the outside it looks strange because
we decided to not bring in new stuff and then the first thing that
happened in 3.4a was that YAXO went in. Given the history it is quite
sensible of course.

But anyway, that is the reason. No big deal, now - let's get it out! :-)

regards, Göran