SAR

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 20 18:04:42 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 09:33 am, Cees de Groot wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> said:
> >Anyway, Squeak supports this directly (and still makes valid
> > zips); if=20 you look at a SAR made by SARBuilder, you'll see a
> > datestamp in plain=20 text before the first PK member header
> > signature. And these are valid=20 zips.
> >
> >"Squeak archive written 19 November 2002 5:02:10 pm"!
> >PK=20
>
> /etc/magic expects the PK\003\004 to be at offseet 0. Just one of
> the little issues with ZIP files that have stuff prepended...

You can't write an /etc/magic pattern that matches a zip with
prepended data, as they don't start with predictable patterns.

I'm trying to mark the SARs with a recognizable pattern, so you could
use this:

0	string	"Squeak\ archive	Squeak archive (SAR)

This is also the problem with Andreas' optimized version of
ReadWriteStream>>isZipArchive test. My earlier one was right but took
way too long to test (it had to read backwards from the end, etc.).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com