SAR and about install/preamble

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 20 19:06:41 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 10:53 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> just a remark. Roel told me that he got a lot of trouble because
> the file is named install/preamble
> may be avoiding this kind of character in file name would be cool.
> Why not install-preamble?

I was trying to make it so that when unzipped there would be some
structure apparent, without cluttering the current directory with
special files.

Had he used the SARBuilder in Squeak (or the ArchiveViewer), this
wouldn't have been a problem. (I think, anyway; there are some issues
with the Archive stuff and filename separators that I hope I
addressed in a recent fix changeset posted to the list).

I think he used a Mac program to make the archive.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com