Why is YAXO in the stream?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Nov 20 23:56:11 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 02:41 pm, Stephen Pair wrote:
> I saw that code, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how to use
> it. Does this make DVS use the sar format when you hit "file out"
> in the package browser?

No, but that would be a nice idea to add (perhaps a "make SAR"
button?).

>  Or, is that an option?  What about a way
> to do this without needing to create a new subclass of PackageInfo
> just to add a change set?

You can make SAR's from ChangeSets by:

(SARChangeSetDumper on: 'ChangeSetName') fileOutAsZipNamed: 'My.sar'.

or

(SARChangeSetDumper on: 'ChangeSetName' including: #(AnotherChangeSet
YetAnotherChangeSet)) fileOutAsZipNamed: 'My.sar'.

and from PackageInfo (even if you don't have a subclass of
PackageInfo) by:

SARPackageDumper fileOutPackageNamed: 'SARBuilder' as:
'SARBuilder.2.sar'

If you have additional change sets and no subclass of PackageInfo, you
currently have to do this with a more extensive script or manually.

However, I think it might be useful to make it easier to add change
sets to the fileout. Thanks for mentioning it.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com