A few wish list items

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Thu Nov 21 01:54:55 UTC 2002

I agree with you on the assignment issue...however, I really don't care what
other people that don't use squeak think about it.

I am very fond of the arrow (and used to argue that it was an endearing
quality of Squeak), but the reality is that it's not comfortable in the
modern ASCII world and when I use other dialects it steals too many brain
cycles in trying to remember which assignment characters to use.  For a
while I switched to using := so that it wasn't an issue when using other
dialects...but I've since reverted back to _ because that's what most
Squeakers use.  Uggg...it would just be nice if this issue wasn't an issue.
It comes up from time to time on the list and is just a waste of time for
people to even have to think about.

- Stephen