Why is YAXO in the stream?

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Thu Nov 21 02:26:38 UTC 2002

> (Oddly, since I posted that yesterday, not a single person has tried out
> the public repository...)

Very cool Avi!  I tested out the public repository and it seems to work very
nicely.

Have you considered dumping XML-RPC in favor of a more lightweight protocol?
I've started building protocols based on D. J. Bernstein's netstrings (see
http://cr.yp.to/proto/netstrings.txt) ...it's very simple and makes it easy
to build lightweight protocols.  Anyway, I think you might get better
performance that way (you could support both a lightweight protocol and
XML-RPC).  I've got a few methods that implement NetStrings if you'd like to
use them.

- Stephen