HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument: url args: args accept: mimeType request: requestString

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Nov 21 20:09:30 UTC 2002

That's why I'm working frantically on the rewrites :-)

> And I'd push the NameResolver errors into an exception as well, with
> perhaps its default handling being to prompt a user.
>
> Has anyone fixed this already? It seems like it'd be a great addition
> to the network rewrite using Michael's (and Craig's?) code.

The NameResolver already throughs exceptions as do the already rewritten
sockets and the network clients.

The HTTP stuff will also use exceptions, hopefully I can get a first
version out over the WE.
Believe me, don't even try to introduce exceptions in the code as it is,
there are way to many places you would have to "fix" and I'm already
working on all this.

Michael