B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Linux compile problems

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Nov 22 06:29:11 UTC 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 09:39 pm, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> Hi Ned,
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Ned Konz wrote:
> > Using the Squeak-3.2-5 stuff from Ian's site (and 3.4a), I tried
> > to do a build with all internal modules, and got this:
> >
> > B3DAcceleratorPlugin/B3DAcceleratorPlugin.a(B3DAcceleratorPlugin.
> >o): In function `primitiveCreateRendererFlags':
> > /home/ned/Squeak/Squeak-3.2-5/src/vm/intplugins/B3DAcceleratorPlu
> >gin/B3DAcceleratorPlugin.c:284: undefined reference to
> > `b3dxCreateRendererFlags'
>
> Strange.  My version doesn't mention b3dxCreateRendererFlags
> anywhere near line 284.
>
> The above is a macro defined by B3DAccelPlugin.h.  The most likely
> cause of the problem is that the 3.2-5 version of this header is
> out of sync with something generated from the image when you
> reconfigured B3D as internal and regenerated it.  (I won't dig up
> the reference to my message of N years ago in which I pointed out
> the problems with the [at the time still proposed] VMM scheme of
> configuring plugins as internal vs. external at generation time, as
> opposed to arranging for the differences to be accounted for at
> compile time. ;)  I'm looking into it now.  I'll get back to you.
>
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a(glxext.o): In function
> > `__glXGetCurrentContext':
> > glxext.o(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
>
> [...etc...]
>
> This is also odd...
>
>   emilia$ nm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a | fgrep pthread
>   emilia$
>
> i.e., there are no references to any pthread functions at all in my
> (XFree86 4.2.1.1) libGL.

$  nm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a | fgrep pthread
         U pthread_getspecific
         U pthread_key_create
         U pthread_self
         U pthread_setspecific
         U pthread_mutex_lock
         U pthread_mutex_unlock
         U pthread_getspecific
         U pthread_key_create
         U pthread_mutex_init
         U pthread_mutex_lock
         U pthread_mutex_unlock
         U pthread_setspecific

> What kind of Unix are you using?  If I have access to something
> similar then I'll try building a completely internal VM on it later
> today to see if I can reproduce the problem.

$ uname -a
Linux ned 2.4.19 #4 Mon Aug 26 19:29:37 PDT 2002 i686 unknown
$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a
XFree86-devel-4.2.0-8

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com