Users, Groups, Permissions for Squeak applications

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Nov 22 21:39:23 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Derek Brans wrote:

> 1. Have there been any previous efforts to accomplish this?
> 2. I need some design ideas.

I toyed around with the idea of creating encrypted objects that required a
certain user to unlock it, accessing the data.  I never actually
implemented the real encryption, but had a framework in place for
serializing and instantiating the objects for encryption.  It was really
simple, and slow, but I think the concept is still of worth. I didn't do
anything on the VM level, but did in Object. I don't have the code
anymore, but it wouldn't be all that useful- it was sort of a lazy Sunday
proof of concept, long lost in image version upgrades.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"the profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the path
    of least resistance is what makes a river crooked."   ::  u. utah phillips