[BUG] Weirdness in FileList2 class comment

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sat Nov 23 02:00:06 UTC 2002

Hi, Bijan,

I once encountered something exactly like what you describe -- a week or two ago, but only once.  So I figured it was a mirage.  But now I realize it wasn't ;-)

The precipitating circumstance turns out to be that you directly switch from browsing a *class-side* method to browsing a class comment, by clicking on the + button in the same Browser or by choosing "show comment" from the class-list pane.

The attached purports to fix it.

This bug goes *way* back.  I wonder how many times over the years others have been equally befuddled by this obscure bug that appears so infrequently.

The fileout also fixes another long-standing bug I discovered at the same time: that when you point a browser at a class comment by using the "show comment" item in the class-list pane, the "inheritance" button was not getting reset.

Cheers,

   -- Scott