A call for overlooked but important bug fixes

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Nov 24 04:37:57 UTC 2002

The Squeak harvesting process has been mostly dormant for the last six
months for various reasons, but the Guides and SqC are now busy working
on 3.4alpha.

Given that 3.4alpha will be moved to 3.4beta soon (see Scott's recent
message), I want to make a quick call for important [FIX]es which may
have been submitted over the last six months but overlooked by SqC or
the harvesters.  If you know of one that you feel is very important,
please resubmit it now with a [FIX] submit tag, or post with a [FIX] tag
and a pointer back to the original email in one of the list archives.

We probably won't incorporate too many more fixes into 3.4alpha at this
point, but I wanted to make this request just in case there were a few
critical ones out there.  Also, complex fixes will probably not be
incorporated.  Those can wait until 3.5alpha, which will be opened
sometime in January, I assume.  (Also, by that time, we hope to have an
improved harvesting system in place which will require much less manual
effort on our part.)

Thanks,

- Doug Way
   Harvester guy