[Squeakfoundation]re: releasing SqueakMap

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Nov 24 16:18:50 UTC 2002

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 08:57 AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>> Hi scott
>>
>> I think that this is a really good initiative, if we could have
>> Squeak3.4 for christmax this would be great.
>> Then I hope that SqueakMap will be shipped with the **final** image.
>
> Eh, well, I will gladly make any and all jumps through hoops etc to make
> it look like SM is in the image ...

I think this is more or less already taken care of.  The "access point"
to SqueakMap is the "Package Loader" item in the "open..." menu (which
allows SqueakMap to be installed remotely the first time it is
selected).  This is already in 3.4alpha and will be shipped with
3.4final, thus fulfilling Stephane's hopes.

> but I still want it to be a package
> outside. Ok? This is essential - if I have any saying in this matter
> *the SqueakMap package will stay outside of the image!*

But the package itself is not in the image, so Goran stays happy,
too. :-)  But the important point is that the access point is there in
the UI, so it will be easily accessible to all in 3.4.

- Doug Way