[ENH] CategoricalSMLoader

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Nov 25 02:52:47 UTC 2002

On Sunday 24 November 2002 02:34 pm, bparsia at email.unc.edu wrote:
> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:		CategoricalSMLoader
> Date:			24 November 2002
> Author:			Bijan Parsia
>
> A slight variation of SMLoader. In just a few days, the 'big list
> of packages' approach became untenable for me. And, doofus that I
> am, I didn't even realize that there was a SM Package Browser :)
> But I'm glad I didn't, because I think this is slicker than either.
> Categories are moved to the left pane and made browseable by a
> HierarchicalListMorph. The use of which is still a bit hacky as,
> frankly, my grip on how to use those morphs is rather buttered.

I like it, but...

Hmm... this breaks the old SMLoader.
SMLoader DNU #categoriesForPackage

SMLoader(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
PluggableListMorph>>getList
PluggableListMorph>>on:list:selected:changeSelected:menu:keystroke:
SMLoader>>buildMorphicCategoriesList
SMLoader>>createWindow
SMLoader class>>open

You have an older version of SMLoader>>createWindow in your change
set.

Why have *any* SMLoader code in your change set when you don't need
it?

Also, you should register with the World menu.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com