[ENH] ANSI compatibility

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Nov 25 10:21:53 UTC 2002

> Hi Squeakers,
>
> First, thanks to Richard A. Harmon who has done the major part of this.
>
> This change set add ANSI compatibility (well with the sunit test, there
> is still 24 failures)
> to Squeak 3.2 #4956. We are now near to full compatibility.
>
> I have taken care of that the few modified methods have as little as
> possible an impact on existing code.
> The modification to fix the next 24 failures could have bigger impact on
> existing code
>
> I hope this will be part of the future minimal base image and will be
> included in 3.4alpha or 3.5alpha
>
> Alain Fischer

Great work!

Could you perhaps upload this package somewhere (minnow Swiki is fine if
you don't have a preferred personal place to publish it) and then
register it on SM? It would be great to have it there - a lot more
people will probably try it out:

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm

regards, Göran