[Bug]let SARBuilder Category names

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Nov 25 16:54:55 UTC 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 12:13 am, Torge.Husfeldt wrote:
> Hi Ned,
> I think this is a misunderstanding.
> I am not talking of the
> packagePanel
>            ^
> but of the good old
> PackagePaneBrowser
> aka 5 pane browser,
> which does not show the SystemCategory (as derived from
> SystemOrganization) SARBuilder when there is also a SystemCategory
> SARBuilder-Info present, because it expects no such category whose
> name only consists of a prefix. Renaming it to SARBuilder-Main (or
> so) would do the trick.

Ah. I don't use the 5 pane browser, so I never noticed. I think the
problem here is the conventions enforced (or allowed?) by the
PackageInfo category logic.

I'll look into it further over coffee.

[later]

The problem is with (my usage of) PackageInfo>>categoryName:

categoryName
 	|category|
 	category _ self class category.
 	^ (category endsWith: '-Info')
 		ifTrue: [category copyUpToLast: $-]
 		ifFalse: [category]

I just followed Avi's lead with naming categories (and his packages
suffer from the same problem). There is no need to have a separate
-Info category for SARBuilder; just move SARBuilderInfo into the
SARBuilder category. I'll fix this in my packages on SqueakMap.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com