Alan Kay to Join HP

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Tue Nov 26 15:58:45 UTC 2002

Congratulations.  It's true that HP (and Compaq) has been reasonably
supportive of open source initiatives.  In particular I've worked in the
past on the http://handhelds.org project which was started by Compaq
(now HP) research members.  Are you by chance going to Cambridge
Research Labs?  If so say 'Hi' to Jamey Hicks, Jim Gettys, George
France, Nick Duffek, etc. for me.  I've talked to them about Squeak in
the past in the context of Linux on the iPaq.  I haven't had the time or
the expertise to make much headway there.  I listen in interest to the
efforts of Aaron Reichow, Craig Latta, Russell Allen, and others who are
making headway in this area.

Ken Causey