Halloween SqMOM doesn't like OSProcess on win32 - now have VI4 problem

Jeff Sparkes jsparkes at databeacon.com
Tue Nov 26 17:07:16 UTC 2002

>     Currently, MobVM only supports gzipped (.gz) and bzipped
> (.bz2) files.
>
>     Assuming that Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll.gz is available at:
>
> http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/2273.attachments/Win32OSPro
> cessPlugin.dll
> .gz
>
> An entry, say, OSProcessHome, should be added to the [Homes]
> section of
> 'SqMOM.ini' :
> (note the ending slash)
>
> [Homes]
> Home1 = http://www.smallsqueak.net/SqM/SqMOM/
> Home2 = http://members.rogers.com/smallsqueak/SqM/SqMOM/
> Home3 = http://localhost/SqM/SqMOM/
> OSProcessHome = http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/2273.attachments/
>
> The section for Win32OSProcessPlugin will look like this:
>
> [Win32OSProcessPlugin]
> FileName=Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll
> RemoteFileName=Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll.gz
> Home=OSProcessHome
> Mirrors=Home1, Home2
> ;; 0: Default ; Never ; 1: Ask ; 2: ; 3: Always
> ;; Update=0         ;; NOT implemented yet

This works fine, for normal squeak images.

If I try to do this with a VI4 image, I get the, uh, emergency evaluator stack trace, or whatever that's called.  If I install
the SAR from SqueakMap, I just get "install failed".  If I load the sar directly, from filelist, I get the error.  See the attached screen shot.

To repeat:
	start with clean 3.4 image - update 5125
	open/package loader
	install SARinstaller from squeak map
	turn off "display only for current version" in squeak map
	select OSProcess and "download" it
	(BTW, there's no indication that it's finished)
	open a file list
	find and select "OSProcess-3-0-2.sar"
	install using the install button
	wait a bit, and then you get the walkback