Why doesn't SqueakMap use already downloaded packages?

Jeff Sparkes jsparkes at databeacon.com
Tue Nov 26 21:30:38 UTC 2002

Since I'm in complaining mode.  Well, let's call it observational, Jerry Seinfeld mode..

SMSimpleInstaller>>download deliberately overwrites an existing downloaded package.  This is not optimal for me since I am loading the same packages into different images (and repeatedly as I've been testing bugs starting from clean images).  If this is will remain the default behaviour, I'd like a preference to allow me to load locally, if it exists.