Multithreaded Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Nov 27 08:39:02 UTC 2002

Actually that reminded me, a year or more back I had a changeset that
added some instance variables to Process that allowed you
to assign an identifier, but more importantly in
Interpreter>>transferTo: it had logic to track how many clock ms that
the process had
executed for. Thus you could see exactly how much wall clock time a
process got, versus the current method of guessing.

I also consider collecting say disk interaction, and network
interaction on a process basis, but no-one seems interested. Think of
the Unix top command.

So let me ask is there interest in the clock time data?

> if you look at
> Interpreter>>transferTo: aProc
> 	"Record a process to be awoken on the next interpreter cycle.
> is where process switching occurs.
===