A big teacher wish

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Wed Nov 27 12:29:46 UTC 2002

Hi Stef and everybody,

<private to stef>
You know my mind about this stuf: names & to name
</private to stef>

In my point of view, an object has memory.  memory in the original meaning -
> faculty of retaining and recalling past experience and NOT in the meaning
of computer science ( unit of a computer that preserves data for
retrieval ).

This internal object memory is organized with "names".  With this metaphor
the "assigment" becomes "to name".

The act of "to name" is well known by everybody and it includes the concept
of context from the beginning.

Conclusion, my proposal is:

  Morph
     subclass: #MyMorph
     instanceNames: ' myTarget lastTime '
     sharedNames:   ' CloseBoxImage '

I found this way very useful for pupils with and without computer knowledge
background:

1) For programmers: We avoid the match between the word "variables" and the
meaning this word has in the other languajes.
2) For non programmers: You get the feeling of "I know it"

Diego Gomez Deck