Why doesn't SqueakMap use already downloaded packages?

Jeff Sparkes jsparkes at databeacon.com
Wed Nov 27 13:59:34 UTC 2002

> "Jeff Sparkes" <jsparkes at databeacon.com> wrote:
> > Since I'm in complaining mode.  Well, let's call it
> observational, Jerry Seinfeld mode..
> >
> > SMSimpleInstaller>>download deliberately overwrites an
> existing downloaded package.  This is not optimal for me
> since I am loading the same packages into different images
> (and repeatedly as I've been testing bugs starting from clean
> images).  If this is will remain the default behaviour, I'd
> like a preference to allow me to load locally, if it exists.
>
> It will change. It's on the todo. And several other problems regarding
> downloading etc.

Ok thanks.  Is the todo list online?  It would stop me from asking
annoying questions.

Also, I'd like to apologize for the tone of the messages I've
sent over the last couples of days.  I tend to write tersely, but
these seemed to be nasty and demanding when I re-read them.
I appreciate the work everyone does!   I want to contribute,
not alienate!