Squeakland testers

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Nov 28 00:38:59 UTC 2002

I'll mention the reason you have two PrintJobPlugins is because the
Squeak internet folder contains Squeak 3.0 which is the os-9 and os-x
application package, so the PrintJobPlugin (v1.4) in the Internet
folder is for classic os-9, along with a PrintJobPlugin.bundle (V1.2)
for OS-X. Thus you can run Squeak standalone outside of the browser.

The PrintJobPlugin in the Plugins folder which is placed where it is so
that you can't open and alter it within the Squeak internet sandbox, is
1.3C. This is the Carbon version of the plugin which is loaded by the
Squeak Browser VM NPSqueak (V3.4.0b1 or higher), the v1.4 plugin
although it looks the same (note the missing C in the version number),
it is not and will not load in the carbon version of MSIE (OS-X).

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 03:02  PM, Alain Fischer wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have tried squeakalpha with MSIE 5.1.4 and Mac OS X 10.1.5
> The detect.html page has redirected me on mac-std.html.
> I have download NSPlugin10.1.x.sit (12.3M) it is a lot too big
> because it have three squeak (3VM + 3plugin + 3image) inside.
> We need only the installer package.
>
> The installer package has been renamed SqueakPlugin3.4.pkg
> which prevent the package to be installed (pkg can't be renamed)
> once renamed SqueakPlugin.pkg, I was able to install it.
>
> And also in the package has 2 time PrintJobPlugin and one time
> PrintJobPlugin.bundle. Only the carbon plugin is needed.
>
> mac-std.html page has point 1, 4, 5, I think that 1, 2, 3 is nicer.
> And I think, you must add a point saying that the you must quit
> MSIE browser and restart it if you want NSSqueak plugin to be
> seen by MSIE.
>
> Hope this could improve your site (under how many name squeakaplha.org,
> squeakland.org squeakland.com and ... is it known ?)
>
> Alain Fischer
>

> Le Samedi 23 novembre 2002, à 03:02 , Michael Rueger a écrit :
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> there are a few changes I would like you to test on
>> http://www.squeakalpha.org before I push it life for the general
>> public.
>>
>> - Mac OS X installers (thanks to John!!!)
>> - updated browser detection logic
>> - updated *nix installers
>>
>> Let me know if it works (or not).
>>
>> Thanks