Retrying an Exception in its defaultAction?

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 29 17:32:52 UTC 2002

Hi Ned,

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> I'd like to have the defaultAction for an Exception subclass retry the
> block in some cases (while resuming or returning in others).

Retry which block?  That is the problem, retry is meant to be called
from a specific handler block, so it retries its protected block.  If
you mean retry the inner-most protected block, then I would add a new
method to Exception that does just that, and call if from defaultAction.
 It would find the next handler starting from the initial (signal)
context and restart it.

Cheers,
Anthony