B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Linux compile problems

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 29 23:47:19 UTC 2002

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> The above is a macro defined by B3DAccelPlugin.h.  The most likely cause
> of the problem is that the 3.2-5 version of this header is out of sync
> with something generated from the image when you reconfigured B3D as
> internal and regenerated it.  (I won't dig up the reference to my message
> of N years ago in which I pointed out the problems with the [at the time
> still proposed] VMM scheme of configuring plugins as internal vs. external
> at generation time, as opposed to arranging for the differences to be
> accounted for at compile time. ;)
Hasn't been that way for quite a while now. Plugin code is generated the
same for internal and external usage with compile-time defines making
the required differences. Pay attention that boy in the back pew!

 tim
Useful random insult:- Strong, like bull.  Smart, like tractor.
Beautiful, like KV-2. (A WWII era Russian tank.)