70 packages on SqueakMap!

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sat Nov 30 21:29:41 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
>>I didn't say SqueakMap depended on SARInstaller.  I meant that packages
>>that are packaged as SARs depend on SARInstaller.  So when you try to
>>install a SAR package and don't have SARInstaller, it will get installed
>>first since it is a dependency.
>

> Duh. Ok, sorry - didn't read careful enough. Yes, this would be neat.
> But... hmmm. Interesting. It wouldn't work at all with the current
> architecture - nor the one I am aiming for in 1.1. Hmmmm.

I'm curious why it doesn't work with what you're planning.  Isn't it
just a simple matter of giving the package a dependency on the
installer?  Presumably all the dependencies are installed prior to the
package itsself?

I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious.

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)