[BUG]3.4-5125 FileDirectory>exists faulty?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Nov 30 22:57:06 UTC 2002

On Saturday 30 November 2002 02:22 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > FileDirectory>>exists
> > "Answer whether the directory exists"
> >
> >       | result |
> >       result _ self primLookupEntryIn: pathName index: 1.
> >       ^ result ~= #badDirectoryPath
>
> This looks reasonable to me.

Yes, but it won't work with the current VMs (at least the Unix one). I
recall now (after trying to run the tests) that the caching in the VM
is keeping testDeleteDirectory from working.

Basically, it does this:

creates subdir zTestDir in default dir
asserts that it exists
deletes the subdir (which works)
asserts that it doesn't exist (which doesn't work, because of the
caching).

Apparently there is no invalidation of the cache that dir_lookup()
uses in this case.

Try to get the FileDirectoryTests to run.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com