OOPSLA BOF scheduling

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 2 18:08:18 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Just wanted to say that I second Doug's proposal. :-)
> Squeak BOF at Tuesday 19:30 that is.

Cool, that's three votes in favor. :)  Any dissenting opinions?

I think this would work out pretty well... most people attending the conference show up by the second evening (Tuesday in this case), before the keynote speech the next morning.  In the past, the SqC folks usually arrive by the afternoon of the second day.  But we won't have the conflicts with all the other BOFs, so we should get a bigger crowd.

This would be immediately after the welcome reception.  Assuming there are no objections to this time, someone should send out a reminder to this list (and maybe comp.lang.smalltalk) a week or so before the conference, just so people know about it... maybe I'll do that. :)

- Doug Way